Despite me calling this a blokes mashed potato trust me when I tell you that its fantastic tasting and it matches a load of different meats, or it can be spectacular on its own. Chorizo is a type of sausage there are several styles but all are made with pork. When you buy your chorizo please ask if it is fresh or cured. If it is fresh you need to cook it properly before eating it, if it is cured you can eat it as is. This recipe calls for cooking the chorizo regardless. Serve this underneath some rolled lamb roast or with roast chicken.
Recipe: Blokes Mash: Chorizo and Parsley Mash
- One link of chorizo sausage
- Four medium potatoes
- Two tablespoons of butter
- Splash of milk
- Small handful of fresh chopped parsley
- Olive oil for frying
- Peel, chop and boil the potatoes;
- While the potatoes boil mince the chorizo. You can do this in a food processor or chop it relentlessly with a knife.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the minced chorizo. You want it to be cooked but not over done. Take it off the heat and keep it.
- Chop the parsley fairly finely.
- Drain and mash the potatoes and then when they are really mashed up toss in the butter and milk and whip it a little to mix it well and fluff it up.
- Tip in the choirizo with oil and the parsley.
- Mix well with a spoon and serve.
Serve with a steak, roast chicken or lamb.
Cooking time (duration): 10
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner